Uzhunnu Vada or Urad Dal Fritters.
You can cook Uzhunnu Vada or Urad Dal Fritters using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Uzhunnu Vada or Urad Dal Fritters
- You need of Urad dal.
- It’s of Rice flour.
- It’s of Onion.
- It’s of Green chilli.
- It’s of Curry leaves.
- You need of Asafeotida.
- It’s of Baking soda.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need of Ginger.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Uzhunnu Vada or Urad Dal Fritters step by step
- Wash and soak urad dal for 1 hour..
- Drain this and grind it to a smooth paste adding a few tablespoons of water if required..
- Transfer it to a large bowl. Beat and combine the batter with your hand for 5 minutes..
- Add the chopped onions, ginger, green chilies, pepper corns, curry leaves, rice flour, baking soda and salt to the batter in the bowl..
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed Kadai / CheenaChatti and keep it in medium flame..
- Have a small banana leaf ready. Also keep a cup of water near you and wet your hand with this. This will prevent sticking of the batter to your hands..
- Place a handful of batter to the leaf and make a small ball shape out of it..
- Gently put a hole using your index finger and shape up the sides to round shape..
- When the oil has heated well, drop it slowly and carefully..
- Fry them till they become golden colour, by flipping in between..
- Drain into kitchen tissues..
- Serve hot with coconut chutney..