You can cook Rasmali cake using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rasmali cake
- You need of Rasmalai.
- Prepare of paneer balls and.
- You need of thickened milk.
- Prepare of Pistachio Slivers.
- It’s of Saffron threads.
- Prepare of Double Cream.
- It’s of Icing Sugar.
- You need of Cardamom essence.
- You need of Edible glitter (optional).
- It’s of Eggless sponge.
- Prepare of plain flour.
- Prepare of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of full-fat plain yoghurt.
- Prepare of sunflower oil.
- Prepare of milk powder.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need of baking powder.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of Vanilla extract.
Rasmali cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 350 F or 180 C. Butter and flour two 6″or 9″ round cake tin..
- Whisk together yoghurt and sugar in a bowl until sugar dissolves properly. Add baking powder and Baking Soda, leave it for a few minutes (4-5) to let the yoghurt mixture rise..
- Once it bubbled up, add oil and vanilla extract, mix well and add sifted plain flour and milk powder. Combine everything, add milk little by little and don't beat the mixture too much.
- Divide evenly between two cake pans and bake about 30-35 minutes (Eggless cake takes more time to bake) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once cakes are done, remove it from the oven and let it cool at room temperature..
- Once cakes are cooled properly, trim the edges with a serrated knife to even out..
- Rasmalai cake Now whip the cream until soft peaks and add icing sugar and cardamom essence. Once again whip for a couple of minutes. (if you want you can add few spoons of ras malai milk here too) I did not add any..
- Now start assembling the cake. Spread a little whipped cream on a cake stand and put the first layer of sponge.Use a spoon and pour thick milk 'RAS' of ras malai. You won't need all of it..
- Now spread little-whipped cream evenly on the sponge then arrange half of the paneer balls over it. Apply a thick coat of whipping cream evenly and smooth it with the spatula..
- Place another slice of sponge cake, pour-over ras malai milk and apply a thick coat of whipping cream all over the cake and sides as well. Now frost the cake how you like it using pipings or edible flowers and arrange remaining cheese balls on top of the cake..
- Sprinkle pistachio slivers all over the cake, garnish it with the saffron threads and sprinkle some edible glitter, especially if you are making this cake for a girl 🙂 Chill this cake for a couple of hours.Enjoy at room temperature..