Kashayam for cold and cough. Description: Kashayam for common cold and cough கஷாயம் in tamil, with a video and step by step pictures, with clear explanations on how to make a Kashayam with easily available ingredients at home and home garden. Drumstick leaves Kashayam Boil few Drumstick leaves, karpooravalli leaves, thoothuvalai leaves, dry ginger, pepper, garlic, beetle leaves in two cups of water.
Amazing home remedy for cough and cold. Have this daily for a week. This kashayam soothes the throat and controls cough and cold. You can cook Kashayam for cold and cough using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kashayam for cold and cough
- It’s 2 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1-2″ of dry ginger.
- It’s handful of Palm jaggery or palm sugar.
- It’s 3 cups of approx 300ml water.
You can also add a small stick of Cinnamon, Tulsi leaves to the the water while making Kashayam. Due to continuous change in weather condition leading to cough and cold. Also to swap coffee and tea. This herbal tea called kashayam in tamil and malayalam is a great substitute.
Kashayam for cold and cough instructions
- Smash all ingredients in a pestal. Bring all ingredients to boil for 10 to 15 mins till the water reduces as preferable..
- I sometimes reduce it to half the water when I need a strong extraction/decotion. When it's strong you'll feel the pepper taste on your throat. Which helps to soothe the throat pain..
- Palm jaggery or palm sugar is brown in colour. It is made from palm tree. Where as the yellow coloured jaggery is made from sugar cane..
- Serve hot. If you feel the pepper too much add water and reheat as required..
Strain and drink immediately for relief from cough and cold. Tulsi Kashaya or Tulsi ka kadha is a perfect home remedy for cough and cold. This Tulsi Kashaya can be given to toddlers, kids and even helps adults whenever first signs of cold and cough are seen. Drinking kashayam twice a day will help in benefiting instantly, avoiding visit to doctor and taking medicines. Hence go natural and go ayurvedic or.