Steamed Chocolate Idli Cake.
You can cook Steamed Chocolate Idli Cake using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed Chocolate Idli Cake
- You need of all purpose flour.
- It’s of semolina/sooji.
- It’s of cocoa powder.
- It’s of chocolate chips (optional).
- You need of oil.
- It’s of curd/yogurt.
- Prepare of sugar or increase as per your taste.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of baking soda.
- You need of vanilla essence.
- You need of Colourful sprinklers and chocolate sauce for serving.
- It’s of Water for steamer.
- Prepare of Chocolate Sauce:.
- Prepare of chocolate.
- Prepare of cocoa powder.
- It’s of sugar.
- You need of milk.
Steamed Chocolate Idli Cake step by step
- In a mixing bowl add the curd and sugar. Whisk it nicely till the sugar is dissolved completely..
- Add baking soda and semolina, mix well and keep aside for about 10-12 mins..
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix well..
- Add oil, vanilla essence and milk to the curd mixture and mix well..
- Heat water in idli steamer. Grease the idli plate with oil and set aside..
- Add the flour mixture to the curd mixture and fold gently to make a smooth batter..
- Now spoon this into the greased idli plate and steam for 10 mins on medium heat. A toothpick inserted should come out clean..
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and sugar. Add cocoa powder, milk, mix and stir well and make a smooth sauce..
- Remove the cake plate from the steamer and let it cool down for a few mins..
- Take out the cake from the plate slowly. Serve chocolate sauce and sprinkles or can just serve at it is..