Kashayam for Cold and Cough, Home remedy.
You can have Kashayam for Cold and Cough, Home remedy using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kashayam for Cold and Cough, Home remedy
- It’s of Whole black pepper.
- You need of Cumin seeds.
- You need of Coriander seeds.
- You need of Ajwain leaves | omavalli leaves.
- It’s of Kandathippili.
- Prepare of Betal leaves | vethalai.
- Prepare of Palm sugar or honey.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Dry ginger powder/small piece of fresh ginger, crush slightly before use.
- You need of Fresh turmeric a small piece / turmeric powder.
Kashayam for Cold and Cough, Home remedy instructions
- In a sauce pan add 2 cups of water and add the slightly crushed whole black pepper, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, ajwain leaves, betal leaves and dry ginger powder..
- Add in the fresh turmeric, slightly crush before use. If using turmeric powder use it. Let this boil for 10 -12 minutes. Once done switch off the flame..
- Filter the mixture and using a spoon nicely squeeze the spice mixture. Discard the spice mixture as we extracted all the juice from it. Add palm sugar candy or honey to this and mix well. Serve it hot. This kashayam soothes the throat and controls cough and cold. You can have this once a day, up to 5 days..
- If you don't get ajwain leaves, then add 1/2 tsp pf ajwain seeds| omam. You can also add a small stick of Cinnamon, Tulsi leaves to the the water while making Kashayam..