You can have Jeera Biscuit using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jeera Biscuit
- It’s 1/2 cup of aata (wheat flour).
- You need 1/2 cup of maida/All purpose flour.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Jeera/cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of castor/powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ghee/butter at room temperature.
Jeera Biscuit step by step
- Take a bowl add ghee/butter into it add castor sugar and whisk it till it becomes fluffy and light in colour as in pic 2. It will take about 6 to 7 mins..
- Now add all the dry ingredients including jeera as in pic1 and mix them properly..
- Now add the creamy mixture to it (ghee+butter mixture) and form a dough..donot Knead the dough, just mix them gently to bind it. Give the dough a cylindrical shape and wrap it with a parchment paper or alluminium foil and keep it in a refrigerator for about 15 mins..
- After 15 mins, remove the dough. Now the dough would be quit stiff and hard. Cut them into pieces keeping half inch thickness..
- Now grease a plate with some oil and place the buiscuits on it. Pit some jeeras over it. Let it come to room temperature. Now pre-heat the kadhai for about 10 mins., with the salt layer inside it, placing a stand over it. Now place the buiscuits tray over it, cover it with a lid and bake it for about 25 mins in a low flame. And your jeera buiscuits are ready to serve..