Recipe: Yummy Kielbasa, onion, and apples oh my!
Kielbasa, onion, and apples oh my!.
You can have Kielbasa, onion, and apples oh my! using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kielbasa, onion, and apples oh my!
- It’s 3 of links kielbasa ..about 1 lb.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 large of granny smith apple, diced.
- You need 2 cup of low Salt chicken broth.
- You need 1 box of penne pasta. 1 lbs. or pasta of choice..
- You need of grated parmesan cheese.
Kielbasa, onion, and apples oh my! instructions
- In oil over medium heat, sear kielbasa. When browned, remove from pan..
- Lower heat melt butter and caramelize onions. About 20 minutes..
- Put penne on to boil..
- After onions have caramelized golden brown, add broth and apples and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 12 minutes..
- Pasta should be ready. Drain and reserve..
- Slice kielbasa to desired size (I like 1/4 inch) and add to simmering mixture. Simmer until slightly thickened..
- Once reduced to desired thickness, add pasta, stir and serve..
- Top with Parmesan to taste. Season as desired. I found the kielbasa and Parmesan added enough salt for me..
- Alter onion and apple ratio if desired. The result is a mellow but sweet comforting mixture. Tastes even better the next day..