Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Hearty Beef Stroganoff (crock pot)
Hearty Beef Stroganoff (crock pot). A Freezer Full of Omaha Steaks Means Peace of Mind for Your Family. Season beef with salt and pepper, tossing to coat. Lightly brown meat in batches, transferring to crock pot when done.
Ingredients of Hearty Beef Stroganoff (crock pot)
- You need 1-1/2 lb of beef rump roast, trimmed and thinly sliced into 2-inch strips.
- It’s 1-1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of safflower oil.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 c of dry white wine.
- You need 3/4 c of low-sodium beef broth.
- It’s 3 T of white whole-wheat flour.
- You need 2 T of Worcester sauce.
- You need 8 oz of white mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 piece of star anise.
- Prepare 1/2 c of sour cream.
Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. This Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is one of them! Hearty, satisfying, and flavorful with tender beef, mushrooms, onions, and garlic. With no process ingredients, we like to think of this as a Healthy Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff!
Hearty Beef Stroganoff (crock pot) instructions
- Season beef with salt and pepper, tossing to coat. In skillet, heat oil. Lightly brown meat in batches, transferring to crock pot when done..
- In same skillet, add onion and cook until softened. Stir in garlic. Transfer to crock pot. Reduce heat and add wine, stirring to scrape up browned bits..
- In small bowl, combine 1/4 c broth and flour until there are no lumps. Add to skillet with remaining broth and Worcester sauce. Stir constantly until slightly thickened. Add to crock pot..
- Add mushrooms, bay leaves and anise to crock pot..
- Cover crock pot and cook 4 hours on high. To serve, remove bay leaves and anise. Mix in sour cream..
We love Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes, Crock Pot Pork Chops, and Gravy for easy @ tasty weeknight meals as well. Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is serious comfort food. Tender beef, mushrooms, and onions are cooked in a slow cooker and mixed with a sour cream sauce and egg noodles. Just before serving, you'll stir in sour cream to thicken the sauce, giving it a rich and creamy texture. Serve this hearty stew over buttered egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or polenta for a cozy end to a cold winter's day.