Recipe: Yummy Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff
Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff. Enjoy Carefully Curated Assortments or Build Your Own Package Filled With Your Favorites. Start with your favorite ground beef and bring the flavor with mushrooms, onions, garlic and spices. Stir broth with Gold Medal™ Flour to create a sauce and then blend into your beef.
Ingredients of Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need to taste of Salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garlic poweder.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 8-10 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 10.5 oz of can cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s Pinch of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s of Cooked egg noodles (whole wheat are best).
Sprinkle with flour, garlic powder, seasoning salt, paprika, and pepper; stir until mixed in. The easiest way to do that is to put the meat in the freezer until slightly frozen. Increase heat and add strips of beef. Saute onions, mushrooms, and garlic in butter until soft.
Classic Ground Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Cook ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a skillet until no longer pink, drain set aside.
- In same skillet melt butter and saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic until mushrooms are browned and onions are translucent. Add garlic last so it won't burn..
- Sprinkle on flour a stir to cook flour for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze skillet with beef broth, add mushrooms soup, stir until combined..
- Add cooked beef back to skillet, stir in nutmeg, bring to a light boil and then simmer for 15 minutes while noodles cook..
- Check for last minute seasoning needs and stir in sour cream just before serving..
- Serve over whole wheat egg noodles.
Add beef and cook until it loses pink color. Stir in salt, pepper, and flour. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove meat with a slotted spoon, transfer to a covered container, and refrigerate while you make the gravy; do not wash the pan. Stir water, onion, and garlic into the pan.