How to Cook Yummy Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
Ingredients of Falafel
- You need 350 g of chickpea (dry).
- You need 1 of small onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 bunch of parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need of oil.
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
Falafel step by step
- Soak the chickpeas overnight..
- Drain the chickpeas, and put them in a bowl, add chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped parsley, baking soda, flour, salt, pepper and a spoon of cumin..
- Use a food processor or a blender to mix the ingredients. Grind them well, but do not make it pasty..
- Form small balls, and fry in deep oil for a few minutes until brown and crispy. You can also do it in a pan, frying them for a few minutes per side..
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. Place fava beans in a bowl and cover with plenty of cold water. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. Falafel: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and pour over plenty of cold water.