Recipe: Delicious Brad's chicken sausage pasta w/ tomato, basil, vodka cream sauce
Brad's chicken sausage pasta w/ tomato, basil, vodka cream sauce. Place the tomatoes and onion in a Dutch oven. You will probably have to add water several times, but never exceed a cup when adding. Stir in the basil and remove from the heat.
Ingredients of Brad's chicken sausage pasta w/ tomato, basil, vodka cream sauce
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked, cubed chicken.
- You need 1/2 of hilshire farms kielbasa, sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- Prepare 1/2 package of tri colored rotini.
- It’s 3 of Roma tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 of large onion, diced.
- You need 1 cup of vodka.
- It’s 8-10 of lg basil leaves, fresh.
- Prepare 1 tbs of minced roasted garlic.
- Prepare 1 pint of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1-2 tbs of powdered chicken bouillon, to taste.
- You need of parmigian Romano cheese blend.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch mixed with 1/3 cup cold water.
Add garlic and red pepper and cook, stirring until garlic is golden brown. Add tomatoes and salt; bring to boil. Add vodka and cream and bring to boil. Add cooked penne pasta along with the reserved cooking water, stirring to combine well.
Brad's chicken sausage pasta w/ tomato, basil, vodka cream sauce step by step
- Cook pasta in a LG sauce pot in 2 qts water to al dentè..
- Drain pasta but don't rinse. You will need the starch on the noodles.
- Place the tomatoes and onion in a Dutch oven. Add 1 cup water. Simmer on med high until tomatoes are well stewed. 20-25 minutes. You will probably have to add water several times, but never exceed a cup when adding. Stir often..
- When tomatoes are very stewed, wait till water is almost gone. Add vodka, basil, and garlic. Simmer until vodka reduces by half..
- Reduce heat to med low. Add cream, milk, chicken, sausage, and bouillon. Stir well. Bring to a simmer..
- When mix is bubbling, slowly add cornstarch mixture, stir constantly. When thickened, add pasta. Stir until mixed well. Sauce should thicken nicely.
- Top with parmigian Romano mix. I served with garlic bread and buffalo cauliflower with cheese sauce..
Slowly stir in your vodka and de-glaze the pan (scrape up the little bits with a wooden spoon as you stir the vodka in with the sausage and onion). Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in your tomato paste and tomato sauce. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Whisk in the half and half (cream can be substituted), salt, and pepper, and simmer until reduced by half again. Add the pasta to the cream sauce and toss to coat.