Recipe: Tasty Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
Ingredients of Falafel
- You need 1 cup of Chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1 bunch of Coriander leaves -.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need as needed of Oil – for deep frying.
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
Falafel step by step
- Drain the water and add chickpeas to a food processor along with all the other ingredients except oil and grind. The mixture should not be very smooth a few crumbs here and there are alright..
- Simultaneously, heat oil for deep frying and fry the prepared balls in batches till a nice golden colour appears. Serve hot..
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. Place fava beans in a bowl and cover with plenty of cold water. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. Falafel: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and pour over plenty of cold water.