Recipe: Tasty Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff. This recipe uses a roux to create a beef gravy that is then thickened with sour cream AND cream cheese. A little bit of zip is added using pepper flakes. With its tender chunks of beef coated in a luscious creamy sauce and served over a bed of buttery noodles, it's no wonder Beef Stroganoff is such a hit.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- Prepare 2 lbs of beef.
- It’s 2 of small onions sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, split.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 1 bottle of Pinnacle vodka.
- Prepare 1 gallon of Orange Juice.
Season the steak strips with House Seasoning, then dust with flour. In a large skillet, quickly brown them on both sides in the olive oil and butter. Remove the steak from the pan. Add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings.
Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Pour a glass of half vodka add orange juice…begin drinking.
- Cook egg noodles al dente in boiling, generously-salted water.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saute pan Add the steak in a single layer, seasoned with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper, and let it cook undisturbed for about 3 minute Flip the steak, and cook on the other side until browned, about another 3 minutes. Then remove steak from pan with a slotted spoon. Set aside..
- Return pan to heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Once it has melted, add the onions and saute for about 3 minutes. Add garlic continue sauteing for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the are cooked and the onions are soft. Add the white wine, and deglaze the pan by using your cooking spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Let the mixture cook down for an additional 3 minutes..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the beef broth and flour until smooth. Pour the beef broth mixture into the pan, and stir to combine. Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then stir in the sour cream until combined, and then stir the cooked steak back in. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed..
- Serve over pasta, enjoy.
Cook ground beef in melted butter until browned. This version maintains all the classic flavors of the traditional dish, combining lean beef and onions with a creamy sauce made of a roux, beef broth, and sour cream. Stroganoff sauce is a sour cream gravy made with beef broth that's thickened with flour. It's flavoured with mustard and has mushrooms in it. I love the pale brown creamy colour against the deep golden brown seared beef!