Recipe: Perfect Tempeh falafels
Tempeh falafels. Ingredients you know and a taste you'll love. Being a fermented food, tempeh, is easily digested and a good source of gut loving probiotics. The addition of the Mint Yogurt makes it absolutely mouth watering and a super healthy dish that can be loved by all, children included.
Ingredients of Tempeh falafels
- It’s 1 pack of tempeh (8oz), hand torned in small pieces.
- It’s 2/3 cup of walnut, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh basil.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced and cooked in exrra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dry minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of tumeric powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder.
You can make this recipe vegan by replacing egg by flax or chia egg. Crispy Vegan Falafels with Tempeh & Walnuts (oil-free, gf) A perfect recipe for left-over veggies. These little crispy vegan falafels taste amazing, are healthy, crunchy and very easy to make. Wrap them in a burrito with any kind of sauce, or serve with salad, or just like that as a healthy snack.
Tempeh falafels step by step
- Pre-heat oven at 375°..
- Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse till mixed well. Don't overblend or your falafel will be too soft..
- Spoon mix and make small balls (golfball size). Lay them on parchemin paper on cooking sheet and press gently with fingers..
- Cook in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once..
- Serve in pita pocket with hummus or taziki sauce and sides of choice (lettuce, bell pepper slices, cucumber slices, tomato slices, olives, etc)..
Line baking tray with parchment paper. Add tempeh to food processor and pulse until it is broken down. Add cilantro, parsley, basil and walnuts and process until ingredients start to blend together. Cut the tempeh into ½” cubes, then place the cubes into a small bowl. Drizzle the tamari over the tempeh, then stir well.