Easiest Way to Make Perfect Beef stroganoff
Beef stroganoff. Enjoy Carefully Curated Assortments or Build Your Own Package Filled With Your Favorites. This recipe uses a roux to create a beef gravy that is then thickened with sour cream AND cream cheese. A little bit of zip is added using pepper flakes.
Ingredients of Beef stroganoff
- Prepare 450 g of button mushrooms.
- You need 1 of small purple onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 550 g of flank steak, sliced thinly against the grain.
- It’s 4 cups of dry egg noodles.
- It’s 2 cups of beef stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Finely chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish.
With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these popular variations elevate the classic dish from familiar to fabulous. Season the steak strips with House Seasoning, then dust with flour. In a large skillet, quickly brown them on both sides in the olive oil and butter. Remove the steak from the pan.
Beef stroganoff step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on high heat. Add the mushrooms and fry until they give up their water and turn brown, about 3 minutes. Remove the mushrooms to a plate..
- Add a fresh splash of veg oil to the pan you used for the mushrooms and turn the heat down to medium-high. Add the onion and garlic. Let sweat for 1 minute. Add the beef and fry until cooked, about 5 minutes. While you wait for the beef, get a large pot of water boiling and throw in the noodles..
- Return the mushrooms to the pan and add the stock. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Make a slurry by whisking the cornstarch with 1/2 cup of water, then add it also. Stir until the sauce starts to thicken, about 1 or 2 minutes. Whisk in the sour cream and Worcestershire sauce. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Your noodles should be close to cooked by this time. Turn the pan down to low while you wait..
- Drain the noodles well and add them to the pan. Toss well to coat. Sprinkle a little parsley on top when serving..
Add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings. Strips of chuck roast simmered with green onions and mushrooms, then flavored with mustard and a good Rhine wine make a delicious beef stroganoff. Cook ground beef in melted butter until browned. This version maintains all the classic flavors of the traditional dish, combining lean beef and onions with a creamy sauce made of a roux, beef broth, and sour cream. Stroganoff sauce is a sour cream gravy made with beef broth that's thickened with flour.