Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Beetroot Falafel with Cilantro Tahini
Beetroot Falafel with Cilantro Tahini. For preparing the Cilantro Tahini Sauce: Pulse garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Add water to adjust consistency and whisk well. Serve the beetroot falafel hot with Cilantro Tahini Sauce.
Ingredients of Beetroot Falafel with Cilantro Tahini
- You need 1/2 cup of Chickpeas dried.
- It’s 1 of no. medium sized Beetroot cooked and roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Onion roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Parsley finely chopped.
- You need 2 sprigs of Cilantro finely chopped.
- It’s 3 of nos. Garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin lightly roasted.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Bengal gram / Refined flour.
- You need of Vegetable oil- as required for deep frying.
- It’s of For the Cilantro Tahini Sauce:.
- You need 1/4 cup of Tahini.
- It’s 2 of nos. Garlic cloves.
- You need 1/4 cup of Cilantro chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- It’s To taste of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground cumin.
Add the cilantro and parsley and pulse until finely chopped. Spread chopped beetroot on a baking tray and spray or brush with a little olive oil and season with a little salt. In a food processor or blender combine the cilantro, garlic, onions, red pepper flakes, peanut oil, vegetable oil, salt, pepper and sugar. Puree to smooth and pour into a squirt bottle if you have another one.
Beetroot Falafel with Cilantro Tahini instructions
- Wash and put the Chickpeas in a glass bowl with enough water to cover it. Soak Overnight..
- In the morning drain off the water and wash the chickpeas thoroughly. Let them dry for a little while..
- Place the drained and uncooked chickpeas in a food processor. Blend it along with beetroot, onion, parsley, cilantro, garlic, cumin and salt to taste..
- Add 02 tbsp. of Bengal gram / refined flour and pulse. Ensure that it blends properly but not pureed..
- Place the mixture in a bowl, which is covered in the refrigerator for 02 hours..
- Form the mixture into 10 equal balls and deep fry in hot oil on each side so that it is evenly cooked and colored..
- For preparing the Cilantro Tahini Sauce: Pulse garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Add tahini and lemon juice; process only for 30 seconds. Add water to adjust consistency and whisk well..
- Serve the beetroot falafel hot with Cilantro Tahini Sauce..
- Chef Tips: 1. You may add herbs and freshly ground black peppercorns in the Chickpea mixture before it is refrigerated. 2. You may add more Bengal gram / refined flour to the chickpea mixture, if required..
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onions until softened but not coloured. To food processor add garlic and parsley and pulse to chop into small bits. Beetroot Falafel with Chipotle-Tahini Sauce These beetroot falafels are so tasty, healthy and filling! All they need is a delicious sauce to complement them. Our chipotle-tahini sauce hits the right spot with its nutty and smoky flavour and silky consistency.