Recipe: Perfect Scallops with white wine cream sauce
Scallops with white wine cream sauce. Add the wine and vinegar and bring to a simmer. Cook liquid until it starts to thicken. Stir in the parsley, salt, pepper and scallops.
Ingredients of Scallops with white wine cream sauce
- It’s of salted butter.
- It’s of shallot, finely chopped.
- It’s of dry white wine.
- Prepare of white wine vinegar. I used Rice Vinegar.
- It’s of finely chopped parsley. I used Freeze-dried, the same as fresh.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of fresh sea scallops.
- It’s of heavy cream.
Deglaze with the wine, turn heat to medium and reduce until half the liquid is gone. Add the parsley, red pepper flakes, and cream. Heat oil in heavy skillet over high heat. When oil begins to smoke add scallops.
Scallops with white wine cream sauce instructions
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and cook the shallots for 2 minutes. Add the wine and vinegar and bring to a simmer..
- Cook liquid until it starts to thicken. Stir in the heavy cream and simmer for 4 minutes or until thickened..
- Stir in the parsley, salt, pepper and scallops. Simmer the scallops for about two minutes or until they are a milky white and transluscent inside..
- Serve immediately with rice pilaf. I also served steamed Asparagus. And a good white wine of your choice..
Sear each side for one minute or until each side is golden brown. Add another tablespoon of the pancetta oil. Add the scallops to your baking dish. In a large bowl whisk together the cream cheese, white wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, tarragon, Parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper (if using). Pour the sauce onto the scallops and let them sit for five minutes before putting into the oven.