How to Make Yummy Falafel patties with home-made hummus
Falafel patties with home-made hummus. For sandwich-size patties, use ¼ cup scoop. For stackable patties, use ½ cup scoop. Scoop out the mixture depending on size needed and form into a flat, falafel shaped patty.
Ingredients of Falafel patties with home-made hummus
- You need of Ingredients for falafel.
- You need 1 cup of chickpeas/ white chana.
- You need 1 cup of green coriander/ dhaniya patta.
- It’s 1/2 of onion roughly chopped.
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic cloves peeled.
- It’s 2 tbsp of roasted white sesame seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of soda.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin powder/ jeera powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander powder/ dhaniya powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepperor ½ tsp red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare of For the hummus.
- You need 1 cup of boiled white chickpeas/ white chana.
- It’s 4-5 of garlic cloves peeled.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of chickpeas water (the water in which chickpeas were boiled).
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- It’s 4-5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (can add more if you wish).
- It’s 2 tbsp of white toasted sesame seeds.
Drop by large spoonfuls into a non-stick griddle and flatten slightly with fingertips. These homemade falafel burgers are made up of crispy yet tender vegan falafel patties, served in the burger bun of your choice and topped with classic toppings like salad veggies, pickled turnips and pickles, and a creamy tahini lemon sauce. This recipe is simple, perfect for a quick mid-week meal, naturally vegan, and can be gluten-free! Falafel and hummus both are chickpea-based foods, but have some key differences.
Falafel patties with home-made hummus instructions
- For the falafel patties, wash and soak the white chickpeas overnight. Discard the water and wash the chickpeas with fresh water. Now add the chickpeas, green coriander/ dhaniya patta, onion, garlic, sesame seeds, baking soda, cumin powder, coriander powder, cayenne pepper and salt to a grinder jar. Using very little water, grind the ingredients to a chunky paste..
- Heat a pan and lightly brush with oil. Make small patties and cook on the hot pan till golden brown on both sides. If your mixture is too watery add some besan/ gram flour to it..
- For the hummus: Add all the ingredients to a grinder jar and grind till smooth..
- Serve hot falafel patties with healthy homemade hummus..
Hummus, a paste made of chickpeas (typically with tahini, olive oil, lemon, salt and often, with additional spices and flavorings like roasted red pepper), is delicious slathered on pita, can be used as a substitute for salad dressing, or work as an alternative to. Please don't hesitate to call us with any questions or to place an order by phone! Form the falafel mixture into little balls and then flatten them to make little patties. To cook the falafel patties, heat a frying pan with some oil over medium heat. Secure with a toothpick or wrap with parchment or foil for easy handling.