Easiest Way to Make Delicious Brad's chicken sausage pasta w/ tomato, basil, vodka cream sauce
Brad's chicken sausage pasta w/ tomato, basil, vodka cream sauce. Place the tomatoes and onion in a Dutch oven. You will probably have to add water several times, but never exceed a cup when adding. Stir in the basil and remove from the heat.
Ingredients of Brad's chicken sausage pasta w/ tomato, basil, vodka cream sauce
- It’s 2 cups of cooked, cubed chicken.
- It’s 1/2 of hilshire farms kielbasa, sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- It’s 1/2 package of tri colored rotini.
- It’s 3 of Roma tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of vodka.
- You need 8-10 of lg basil leaves, fresh.
- It’s 1 tbs of minced roasted garlic.
- It’s 1 pint of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1-2 tbs of powdered chicken bouillon, to taste.
- Prepare of parmigian Romano cheese blend.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch mixed with 1/3 cup cold water.
Add the Parmesan, chicken, and basil, and remove from the heat; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper, serve, and enjoy! Toss pasta with sauce, adding pasta water as necessary until sauce reaches desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper if necessary.
Brad's chicken sausage pasta w/ tomato, basil, vodka cream sauce instructions
- Cook pasta in a LG sauce pot in 2 qts water to al dentè..
- Drain pasta but don't rinse. You will need the starch on the noodles.
- Place the tomatoes and onion in a Dutch oven. Add 1 cup water. Simmer on med high until tomatoes are well stewed. 20-25 minutes. You will probably have to add water several times, but never exceed a cup when adding. Stir often..
- When tomatoes are very stewed, wait till water is almost gone. Add vodka, basil, and garlic. Simmer until vodka reduces by half..
- Reduce heat to med low. Add cream, milk, chicken, sausage, and bouillon. Stir well. Bring to a simmer..
- When mix is bubbling, slowly add cornstarch mixture, stir constantly. When thickened, add pasta. Stir until mixed well. Sauce should thicken nicely.
- Top with parmigian Romano mix. I served with garlic bread and buffalo cauliflower with cheese sauce..
Add cooked penne pasta along with the reserved cooking water, stirring to combine well. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots. This gives the vodka sauce its signature texture and richness, and dilutes some of the stronger flavors of the tomatoes and alcohol.