Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Chickpeas healthy falafel & hummus
Chickpeas healthy falafel & hummus. The Lebanese Chickpea Falafel Recipe is a classic street food of middle-east made from chickpeas. It is simple and quick to make and is very nutritious too. The Falafel's can be served as an appetizer or place in a pita bread sandwich or into a wrap.
Ingredients of Chickpeas healthy falafel & hummus
- You need 200 gms of chickpeas.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
- It’s Handful of coriander leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of white sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maida.
- You need 1/3 tbsp of baking soda.
- It’s 5-6 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of black olives.
Add flour and baking powder and pulse, until mixture starts to stick together and forms a ball, scraping. Falafel is a deep fried ball or patty made with ground chickpeas or fav beans, spices & herbs. These are a traditional dish from Middle Eastern cuisine and are popular across the globe as a fast food. Falafel is a dish of Middle Eastern origin that's especially popular among vegetarians and vegans.
Chickpeas healthy falafel & hummus instructions
- Soak the chickpeas overnight. Now in a pressure cooker let it cook till it's 80% boiled. It will take 10-12 whistles on high flame. Open the lid & let it cool down to room temperature..
- Now in a mixer jar add onion, 3 garlic cloves, green chilli & coriander leaves. Now add salt, chilli powder, black pepper & cumin powder to it..
- Add par boiled chickpeas and maida to the jar. Now make a crumbled batter..
- Transfer the batter into a bowl. Add baking soda & mix well. Now form small balls out of the batter by applying oil on your palm. Flatten it to make falafel..
- You can make falafel by using airfryer/oven. Preheat the air fryer/oven, place the falafel on 180°c for 18 minutes. Or you can simply shallow fry them in a pan. You can also deep fry falafel but I like to keep it healthy & non-fried..
- Your chickpeas healthy & tasty falafel is ready..
- Now for hummus take 1/4 cup sesame seeds in a pan & dry roast till it turns light brown in colour. Now transfer the seeds in a mixer jar..
- Now add 1/4 cup olive oil to form a smooth paste. Add boiled 1.5 cup chickpeas, 1.5 tsp salt, 2 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp chopped olives & 2 tbsp water to form a smoother paste. You can add 1-2 tbsp water if the mixer is still dry & not blending well..
- Garnish hummus with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of red chilli powder & black pepper. Chickpeas falafel & hummus is ready to be served..
It consists of deep-fried patties that are made from a combination of chickpeas (or fava beans),. Add baking powder to the falafel mixture before forming into balls/patties. Place each falafel on your oiled pan. Turns out that dried chickpeas are essential to good falafel. See, canned chickpeas have already been cooked.