How to Make Appetizing Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
Ingredients of Falafel
- Prepare 1 cup of chickpeas.
- You need 1/2 cup of flaxseed oil for frying.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- You need 2 of fresh chili peppers.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried mint leaves.
- You need 5 sprigs of parsley.
- You need of Salt.
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
- Soak the chickpeas overnight, wash and rinse off the water..
- Pulse the chickpeas, garlic, mint leaves, parsley, chopped onion, diced chili peppers and the water into a food processor and blend to a purée. Transfer purée to a bowl and add salt to taste..
- On a heated small pot or pan, add the oil and allow to heat for about 2 minutes. Add several small scoops of the purée in the pan and fry for 3 minutes on each sides. Remove and place on a paper towel. Serve with hummus or hot pepper sauce..
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. The word falafel may descend from the Arabic word falāfil, a plural of the word filfil, meaning “pepper.” These fried vegetarian fritters are often served along with hummus and tahini sauce (known as a “falafel plate Falafel: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and pour over plenty of cold water. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. El falafel es una mezcla triturada de garbanzos hidratados en agua con cebolla, ajo y diferentes hierbas y especias.