Recipe: Appetizing Kate's Roasted, Stuffed Peppers
Kate's Roasted, Stuffed Peppers. Try This Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe With Just A Few Ingredients For A Tasty Meal. Stuffed Peppers Makes For The Perfect Weeknight Meal. View Our Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe.
Ingredients of Kate's Roasted, Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare 1 of Red bell pepper.
- You need 1 packages of firm, light tofu.
- It’s 2 of scallions.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of Red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Red quinoa.
- It’s 2 tbsp of orzo pasta.
- You need 1/4 cup of vodka sauce.
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
Use your hands to rub the oil all over both sides of the peppers, then arrange them with the cut side up and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Stuff mixure into the pepper until full. Place peppers in loaf pan or square baking dish, upright, and cover with tin foil. Stir cheese into ground beef-rice mixture and spoon mixture into precooked peppers.
Kate's Roasted, Stuffed Peppers step by step
- Drain, squeeze and cube tofu. Let it sit on a plate with paper towels to get a lot of the moisture out. Preheat oven to 350..
- On a large pan, pour oil and warm until a wooden spoon starts to sizzle when dipped into it..
- Dump tofu into pan. Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes to your taste..
- Chop up scallions and add to the pan..
- Stir tofu. Let sizzle until all sides are a lovely golden brown. When cooked, place aside in a bowl..
- Prepare quinoa and orzo. I made 2 servings, so I used 1/4 cup quinoa with 2 tbsp orzo. Pour 3/4 cup water into pan. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add vodka sauce and salt..
- When cooked, pour contents into the bowl with the tofu. Mix it up! I like to add arugula, but be sure to snip it up into small pieces..
- Cut red pepper in half through the stem the long way. Remove stem and seeds, and place into a baking tray..
- Fill pepper halves and top with parmesan or any cheese you choose. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pepper is tender and the cheese is brown..
Halve peppers lengthwise through the stems, leaving them attached. Lightly brush the peppers outside and inside with oil; sprinkle the insides with salt and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers. Place the rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.