Recipe: Tasty Falafel and Hummus
Falafel and Hummus. Falafel And Hummus In A Blender Did you know you could whip up an entire dinner in using your blender? We're not talking protein shakes or smoothie bowls, either. Think creamy, herby falafel, roasted red pepper hummus, and fresh tzatziki sauce.
Ingredients of Falafel and Hummus
- You need of For the Hummus:.
- It’s 1 cup of overnight soaked and boiled chickpeas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of roasted white sesame seeds.
- It’s 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- Prepare of For the Falafel:.
- It’s 1 cup of overnight soaked chickpeas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coriander leaves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parsley leaves.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion – chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need As needed of Oil to shallow fry.
Remove the skins from the chickpeas: fill a large bowl with water, pour the chickpeas into the bowl and rub them gently to pop off as many skins as you can. At Kossai and Reem's core is a love for and loyalty to the authentic Mediterranean diet in all of its healthy and tasty glory. It was out of this love that Hummus & Falafel was born and that they open their arms to welcome you into their new space in Allendale. Difference between Falafel and Hummus Key difference: Falafel and Hummus are both Middle Eastern foods prepared using Chickpeas as their prime ingredient.
Falafel and Hummus step by step
- For the hummus: Blend all the ingredients listed for hummus and garnish with paprika powder and add the extra virgin olive oil after taking it out from the blender..
- For the Falafel: Grind everything listed under falafel.
- Shape the mixture like tikkis.
- Shallow fry them..
- Serve with hummus..
The difference between them is that Hummus is a ground paste of select chickpeas combined with olive oil, spices and herbs. Whereas Falafel means a deep fried ball made of ground chickpeas. Hummus & Falafel is a Yelp advertiser. Welcome to Falafel en Hummus A small restaurant in the city center of Den Haag (The Hague). We serve delicious food that's all vegetarian and mostly vegan.