Recipe: Tasty Apple Walnut Blue Cheese Salad
Apple Walnut Blue Cheese Salad. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Salad Blue on eBay.
Ingredients of Apple Walnut Blue Cheese Salad
- It’s 2 of plates of mixed salad greens.
- Prepare 2 of apples sliced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of candied walnuts.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of thinly sliced shallots.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dried cranberries.
- It’s 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice + 1 cup water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of apple cider balsamic vinegrette.
To the top of the lettuce, add the chopped apple, walnuts, blue cheese crumbles and cranberries. Drizzle the remaining dressing on top and serve. Add oil slowly, whisking continuously until mixture is emulsified. Blue cheese, walnut and apple salad Photo: Edwina Pickles Dietary Vegetarian.
Apple Walnut Blue Cheese Salad instructions
- Wash and dry salad greens. Divide greens onto 2 plates..
- Slice apple into thin wedges and soak in lemon water. Drain and dry. Add apple wedges to salad greens..
- Thinly slice shallots and add to salad greens..
- Sprinkle candied walnuts, dried cranberries, and blue cheese..
- Drizzle salad with apple cider basalmic vinaigrette..
This salad is a classic for all the right reasons. It has plenty of different textures, with a great balance of sweet, salty and earthy flavours and it makes a perfect light lunch or entree. This light and refreshing salad has the word classic in its title for a reason. This recipe is sure to stick around. “I first tasted this salad at a luncheon given by a friend of mine. I love the flavor combination of tart-sweet apples, crunchy walnuts, and pungent blue cheese.” Toast and chop the walnuts.