How to Cook Perfect Tangy Beef Stroganoff
Tangy Beef Stroganoff. Tangy Beef Stroganoff, from Rita Farmer of Houston, Texas, is a rich, comforting entree that tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen. Tangy Beef Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe photo by Taste of Home Tangy Beef Stroganoff This is one of my favorite recipes. It features sirloin strips covered in a rich sour cream sauce with hints of caraway, mustard and tomato.
Ingredients of Tangy Beef Stroganoff
- It’s 1 lb of stew beef.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green pepper, diced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms, diced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, diced.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- You need 3 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 8 oz of egg noodles.
Cook mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Divide the butter, mushrooms, onion and garlic among half of the indicated number of quart freezer bags. Label and freezer all bags and containers. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Tangy Beef Stroganoff step by step
- In this recipe, your prep work before hand can make or break you. I highly recommend you prep your ingredients beforehand, and in order to avoid cross-contaminaton risks..
- Chop green peppers..
- Chop onion..
- Chop mushrooms. You can use either white button, or as in case, giant portobellos..
- Cut your stew beef into approximate one inch cubes across the grain. Slightly freezing the meat can make it easier to cut..
- Melt butter in a pan on the stove top over medium-high heat..
- Add cut stew beef to melted butter, and cook until slightly browned..
- Add mushrooms, green peppers, onion and garlic to pan. Cook until onion and peppers start to soften..
- Reserve 1/3 cup of beef broth. Pour the remaining broth into the pan. Add ketchup, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low-high, and let simmer for 15 minutes..
- Now would be a good time to make your noodles. Prepare according to the directions on the package..
- Add reserved 1/3 cup of broth and the flour to a container. Tightly seal and shake vigorously..
- Stir in flour broth mix to pan. Bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat back to low..
- Add sour cream to pan. Mix thoroughly, and let simmer until warm..
- Serve on top of hot noodles. Garnish with green – cilantro in this case..
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add cut stew beef to melted butter, and cook until slightly browned. Add mushrooms, green peppers, onion and garlic to pan. Cook until onion and peppers start to soften. This is the best beef stroganoff with sour cream you will ever eat.