Recipe: Yummy Falafel sandwich
Falafel sandwich. Heat a grill pan until hot. Place in food processor along with cilantro, parsley, onion, cumin, cayenne, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Freshly fried falafel balls, pickled vegetables, herbs, greek yogurt, and a quick and easy lemon garlic tahini dressing are stuffed into a warm pita and drizzled with hot sauce if desired.
Ingredients of Falafel sandwich
- Prepare 1 cup of dried garbanzo beans aka chickpeas.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion diced.
- It’s 4 of minced garlic cloves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin seed.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped mint leaves.
Falafel which is vegan and fried is quintessential for an Arabic brunch. It's super flavorful and soft on the inside then crunchy on the outside. Place half the chickpeas in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until chopped. Add to bowl of chopped chickpeas; add egg.
Falafel sandwich step by step
- Soak dried chickpeas overnight..
- Drain chickpeas for excess water.Now in a grinder combine all the ingredients and form a coarse mixture not fine or pasty but grainy…
- Shape them into balls.Fry them on medium high heat for 5 min at 350 F Or until brown..
- Combine with tahini and fresh veggies and serve with a pita bread…
Use a fork to crush the falafel open over the sandwich. This allows the falafel to soak up all the flavors and toppings of the sandwich. Pile up the falafel with tabouli salad, red onions, fresh mint and finish off with a squeeze of lemon juice. The most common way of serving falafel is as a falafel sandwich with pita bread. The pita is cut open and the pocket is stuffed with two or three warm falafel patties, tomato, cucumber, onion, romaine lettuce or shredded cabbage, parsley, sometimes also sandwich pickles, and topped with tahini sauce.