Recipe: Appetizing Falafel
Falafel. Puree the white beans, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil in a mini food processor until very smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve with falafel or as a salad dressing.
Ingredients of Falafel
- It’s 2 cups of chickpeas.
- Prepare Bunch of parsley.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1 of seasoning cube.
- It’s 1 of small bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
Falafel (pronounced “fell-off-uhl”), sometimes spelled “felafel” or “felafil,” is a deep-fried ball or patty that is made from either chickpeas or fava beans and spices. It is a vegetarian and vegan food and one of the most widely consumed and recognized foods of the Middle East. Falafel is a popular Middle Eastern “fast food” made of a mixture of chickpeas (or fava beans), fresh herbs, and spices that are formed into a small patties or balls. It's thought that falafel originated in Egypt as Coptic Christians looked for a hearty replacement for meat during long seasons of fasting or lent.
Falafel step by step
- Start by soaking your chickpeas overnight to soften it.
- Drain it and put it to the blender.
- Add garlic, coriander, cumin,onion,bell pepper,and the parsley and blend till it comes together.
- Shape them in to balls and allow them to set in the fridge for like 10 mins.
- Deep fry them till golden brown.
- Serve them traditionally with hummus and pita bread.
Falafel is a Middle Eastern food with a long history in Arab countries, as well as ancient Israel. Place fava beans in a bowl and cover with plenty of cold water. A simple salad with chopped veggies dressed in tahini sauce and topped with falafel makes a delicious lunch or dinner. You could also try replacing the pita with lettuce. Falafel: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and pour over plenty of cold water.