Recipe: Appetizing Homemade Salad Dressing
Homemade Salad Dressing. This classic salad dressing includes mayonnaise, anchovies, vinegar, green onion, garlic, parsley, tarragon and chives. It can be prepared in a blender or food processor and is good served as a dressing for steamed artichokes, a seafood salad, or as a sauce over broiled fish. Buttermilk Salad Dressing This thick creamy mixture has the flavor of ranch dressing and is a breeze to blend together.
Ingredients of Homemade Salad Dressing
- It’s of Balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare of Wine or cider vinegar (red or wite is OK).
- It’s of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Dried herbs.
- It’s of Good quality Mayo.
- You need of Pesto.
Perhaps the most popular vinaigrette of all, this one is sweet but versatile. Lemon Vinaigrette This light, bright dressing is my favorite reminder of just how simple homemade dressing can be. It comes together with just olive oil, lemon juice and zest, plus a pinch of salt and pepper. Go To The Recipe Ranch dressing is creamy, comforting, and delicious, but the classic recipe of buttermilk, mayonnaise, garlic, and herbs is often full of calories, fat, and sodium.
Homemade Salad Dressing step by step
- I like to use and empty wine vinegar bottle for this but any old bottle will do. We were having salad dressing out of a vodka bottle a few weeks back. Today its a gin bottle 😁.
- In a half litre bottle put about a dessert spoonful of mayo and pesto. The mayo gives a nice mild flavour but it also help to mix the oil and vinegar when you shake it up. Add about a third of the bottle with the vinegar, put the top on and give it a good old shake until all of the mayo and pesto is mixed in.
- Add the herbs and fill fill the bottle to half way with the wine/cider vinegar. Then add Balsamic. to around two thirds full with Balsamic.
- This is a great tip to get extra flavour from something you might otherwise throw away. I often buy things in olive oil. Olives, sun dried tomatoes or garlic cloves for example. Instead of throwing this oil away drain it off and put this in the dressing..
- Top up with extra virgin olive oil and shake it up and you are done..
We've reimagined this much-loved dressing into a healthy, protein-packed recipe by trading most of the mayo for Greek yogurt. With just five basic ingredients, balsamic vinaigrette is one of the easiest homemade salad dressings to prepare in a pinch. It has a sweet yet savory flavor that works well in just about any. DIRECTIONS Shake all ingredients for your chosen variation together in a tightly-lidded container OR whisk together in a small bowl. Shake again then dress salad as desired.