Recipe: Tasty Poor Man's Stroganoff (Stroganov)
Poor Man's Stroganoff (Stroganov). Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season beef with Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a separate skillet over medium heat.
Ingredients of Poor Man's Stroganoff (Stroganov)
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of lean hamburger.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 3 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 3 can of beef broth.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Worchestershire sauce.
- It’s 8 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Add the beef broth and bring the mixture to a simmer, whisking to combine all the ingredients. How to Make Poor Man's Beef Stroganoff. Saute beef, onions, garlic, and mushrooms together in a little oil until beef is browned and onions are transparent. Brown the ground beef and season to taste as desired.
Poor Man's Stroganoff (Stroganov) step by step
- In large skillet, brown hamburger and stir in onions. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic. Sprinkle flour over burger mixture and stir in..
- Add mushroom soup, beef broth, worchestershire, and stir over medium heat..
- Slice mushrooms..
- Add mushrooms, stir in, and simmer over low heat until mushrooms are cooked..
- Stir in sour cream just prior to serving stroganoff. Serve over a bed of wide egg noodles cooked per “al dente” instructions..
Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to ground beef, stirring until melted into beef. Mix with soup, milk, sour cream. Delia's Poor Man's Stroganoff with Wild Mushrooms recipe. This is so called because the most expensive fillet steak was traditionally used. In this version giving it slow instead of fast cooking enables you to use a cheaper cut of beef – but with a better flavour, I think.