Recipe: Perfect Rhubarb, Strawberry and Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Rhubarb, Strawberry and Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette. Here is how you do it. The ingredients needed to make Rhubarb, Strawberry and Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette: Take of stalks rhubarb. To make the dressing, thoroughly shake or whisk together the oil, Balsamic vinegar, mustard and honey.
Ingredients of Rhubarb, Strawberry and Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- It’s 2 of stalks rhubarb.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of honey.
- It’s 8 of strawberries.
- It’s 1/4 cup of walnuts.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of goat's cheese or feta cheese.
- You need 1 of bunch of mixed greens.
- Prepare of For the dressing:.
- You need 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 Tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of pepper.
Strawberry Walnut Salad is an irresistible side that comes together quickly and is a perfect addition to all kinds of get togethers. Sweet strawberries, toasted walnuts, tangy feta and spring mix salad are tossed in a simple balsamic vinaigrette. This post may contain affiliate links which I earn a small portion in sales if a purchase is made. Make the balsamic vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and kosher salt.
Rhubarb, Strawberry and Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette instructions
- Wash the mixed greens and soak them in water until crisp. When crisp, drain them well and chill them in the refrigerator. Cut the strawberries vertically into 6 even pieces..
- Roughly chop the rhubarb into 1.5 cm or 1/2 inch pieces. Coat them in sugar and let the rhubarb sit for 20 minutes. Lightly grease a frying pan with oil..
- Heat the pan over low-medium heat and cook the rhubarb for 2-3 minutes without stirring it. Drizzle in the honey and agitate the pan to evenly mix in the flavors..
- Transfer the rhubarb to a plate and set aside to cool. Arrange the mixed greens and rhubarb on a plate and top with strawberries, chopped cheese, and walnuts. Drizzle over the dressing and serve!.
To make this strawberry balsamic vinaigrette recipe, combine strawberries, oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, maple syrup or honey, salt and pepper to a food processor. Process for a few minutes, until the vinaigrette is completely smooth. How do you store strawberry balsamic dressing? You should store your strawberry vinaigrette in the refrigerator. In a small bowl, make the balsamic vinaigrette by whisking together vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.