Recipe: Yummy Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff. A Freezer Full of Omaha Steaks Means Peace of Mind for Your Family. This recipe uses a roux to create a beef gravy that is then thickened with sour cream AND cream cheese. A little bit of zip is added using pepper flakes.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- Prepare of slow cook ingredients.
- You need 2 lb of stew meat.
- You need 12 oz of mushroom.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced fresh garlic.
- Prepare of sauce ingredients.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of red wine.
- You need 1 tsp of parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 6 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s of add 30 minutes before serving.
- It’s 4 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these popular variations elevate the classic dish from familiar to fabulous. Season the steak strips with House Seasoning, then dust with flour. In a large skillet, quickly brown them on both sides in the olive oil and butter. Remove the steak from the pan.
Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Add stew meat, mushrooms, and minced garlic to crock pot..
- Combine beef stock, dijon mustard, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, thyme, and paprika..
- Add corn starch to the sauce and mix..
- Add sauce to crock pot and stir..
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add cream cheese and allow to melt for 10 minutes then stir to mix..
- Stir in sour cream. Continue cooking for 20 minutes or until completely hot..
- Serve over spiral or egg noodles..
Add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings. Cook ground beef in melted butter until browned. This version maintains all the classic flavors of the traditional dish, combining lean beef and onions with a creamy sauce made of a roux, beef broth, and sour cream. Stroganoff sauce is a sour cream gravy made with beef broth that's thickened with flour. It's flavoured with mustard and has mushrooms in it.