How to Make Appetizing Beef Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff. Enjoy Carefully Curated Assortments or Build Your Own Package Filled With Your Favorites. This recipe uses a roux to create a beef gravy that is then thickened with sour cream AND cream cheese. A little bit of zip is added using pepper flakes.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- You need 12 oz of egg noodles.
- It’s 1/4 cup of gluten-free flour (or regular flour).
- It’s 1 1/4 lbs of beef tenderloin tips, 1/2 inch thick (or stew meat).
- You need 1/4 cup of butter, divided.
- It’s 12 oz of canned button mushrooms, sliced (can also use fresh).
- It’s 10 1/2 oz of beef broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these popular variations elevate the classic dish from familiar to fabulous. Season the steak strips with House Seasoning, then dust with flour. In a large skillet, quickly brown them on both sides in the olive oil and butter. Remove the steak from the pan.
Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain. Keep warm..
- Place flour in a large ziploc bag. Add beef to bag. Shake to coat well. Can add a little extra flour, if needed..
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in large skillet. Add beef to skillet. Cook until all pieces are brown on all sides..
- Transfer beef & pan juices to a bowl & set aside..
- Melt remaining butter in skillet. Add mushrooms & cook until heated through. If using fresh will need to cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, tomato paste, & worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits on bottom of skillet..
- Return beef & juices to skillet. Cook until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream until hot..
- Serve over noodles..
Add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings. Cook ground beef in melted butter until browned. This version maintains all the classic flavors of the traditional dish, combining lean beef and onions with a creamy sauce made of a roux, beef broth, and sour cream. Stroganoff sauce is a sour cream gravy made with beef broth that's thickened with flour. It's flavoured with mustard and has mushrooms in it.