Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Stroganoff Meatballs ala Nan
Stroganoff Meatballs ala Nan. Stroganoff Meatballs ala Nan Maggie Conlon Martin Orlando, FL Kind of a cross between Swedish meatballs and beef stroganoff. Serve with crusty bread and a side salad. Share this dish with your pals and also family members.
Ingredients of Stroganoff Meatballs ala Nan
- You need of meatballs.
- It’s 1 large of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3 large of garlic cloves, finely minced.
- It’s 1 1/4 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 2 tbsp of blue cheese powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of sauce.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 12 oz of sour cream.
- It’s 8 oz of blue cheese, crumbled.
- Prepare of other ingredients.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 10 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s of salt, pepper & garlic powder.
- Prepare 8 of green onions, sliced.
- It’s 1 lb of wide egg noodles, cooked & drained.
To kick things off, I start by making my meatballs. Ground Beef Stroganoff Even if you don't have steak, you can still enjoy the flavors of this traditional Russian dish. This easy, ground beef stroganoff recipe is the best. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Stroganoff Meatballs ala Nan step by step
- MAKE THE MEATBALLS: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the onion in the oil for about 15 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to brown. Stir in the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat..
- Mix onion/garlic mixture together with the rest of the meatball ingredients. Mix well. I find it's easiest to use my hands, kind of squishing it all through my fingers, to thoroughly distribute everything..
- Form into bite-size meatballs. I use a small cookie scoop to make them uniform size. Cook the meatballs in a large skillet over medium-high heat until nicely browned and a bit crusty, turning meatballs to brown on all sides. Remove from skillet and set aside..
- COOK THE MUSHROOMS: Drain excess grease from the skillet, but leave any brown bits from frying the meatballs in the skillet. Add the butter and mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat until browned. Add seasonings to taste and the white (bottom) part of the sliced green onions. (The green onion tops will be added later.).
- MAKE THE SAUCE: Stir the cornstarch into the beef broth. Pour over the mushrooms and bring to a boil stirring until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in the sour cream and blue cheese. Stir until everything is well combined. Add the cooked meatballs, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes to combine flavors..
- Add the cooked, drained egg noodles and gently stir everything together so the noodles get nicely coated with the sauce. Add the green onion tops. It's ready to serve!.
In a small bowl, combine remaining broth and flour; stir until smooth. Stir in the flour, salt and paprika. Here is how you cook that. Stroganoff Meatballs ala Nan onion, finely chopped • vegetable oil • garlic cloves, finely minced • ground beef • ground pork • blue cheese powder • worcestershire sauce • bread crumbs Preparing Your Page. Cold Cut Platters Boars Head Premium.