How to Cook Yummy Easy and Authentic Beef Stroganoff
Easy and Authentic Beef Stroganoff. Our easy and authentic Russian Beef Stroganoff recipe combines tender beef and flavorful mushrooms in a creamy sauce for an elegant, yet quick dish. Stroganoff (or Stroganov) is a simple and comforting Russian dish consisting of sauteed pieces of beef served in a sour cream sauce. Cook ground beef in melted butter until browned.
Ingredients of Easy and Authentic Beef Stroganoff
- Prepare 200 grams of Thinly sliced beef.
- You need 1 of heaping tablespoon White flour.
- You need 1 of Soup stock cube.
- You need 400 ml of or 1 dash less Water.
- Prepare 4 of Shiitake mushrooms (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 of Onions (finely chopped).
- You need 70 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
The secret to making the best beef stroganoff is the cut and quality of meat used. Look for a cut with a nice amount of marbled fat throughout. Boneless ribeye and beef tenderloin are two great cuts of meat if you want to experiment with something other than beef sirloin steak. Transfer beef and vegetables to a bowl, leaving drippings in skillet.
Easy and Authentic Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces, season with salt and pepper and coat with flour..
- Heat about 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a pan, and stir fry the beef from step 1. At this stage, it's best to fry the beef until it's dark brown..
- Add water and soup stock cube and bring to a boil. Transfer the contents of the pan to a pot, and simmer for about 40 minutes while removing the scum and extra fat..
- Rinse the pan, add more butter and sauté the chopped onion and shiitake mushrooms until softened..
- Add the sauteed vegetables from Step 4 to the simmering pot from Step 3 and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Continue simmering until there's almost no liquid left in the pot..
- Add the milk and lemon juice just before serving and mix in lightly. Warm through and it's done. Don't cook for too long after adding the milk and lemon juice..
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes..
Slowly whisk in the beef stock. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to medium low. Pour in the reserved red wine marinade, Worcestershire sauce, prepared mustard, and red pepper flakes, then add the beef and onion mixture. Great recipe for Easy and Authentic Beef Stroganoff. My husband loves this dish, and this is the version he likes the most.