Recipe: Tasty Mushroom Stroganoff for 2 or 3
Mushroom Stroganoff for 2 or 3. Just something that made sense with what I had in the fridge tonight. In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. I've been thinking it's time again for another super simple, comfort food recipe.
Ingredients of Mushroom Stroganoff for 2 or 3
- You need 4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- You need 1 pound of mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of dry white wine (or dry vermouth).
- Prepare 1 cup of broth (chicken, veg, beef all work fine).
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of finely chopped chives or green onions (plus more for garnish).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need of salt (3/4 teaspoon to start).
- Prepare to taste of black pepper.
- You need 8 oz. of egg noodles or pasta.
In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and stir to incorporate. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Pour in the stock and Worcestershire sauce.
Mushroom Stroganoff for 2 or 3 step by step
- In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the shallot and sauté until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they have softened and released most of their liquid, about 7 minutes..
- Add the flour and stir to incorporate. Stir in wine and broth and cook until most of the alcohol has evaporated, about 4 to 5 minutes..
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the paprika, sour cream and the 2 Tablespoons chives and season with salt and pepper. Set aside while you boil noodles for pasta..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon salt and the pasta to the boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until a little past al dente according to the package instructions..
- Drain the pasta, portion on plates, and spoon heated stroganoff over the pasta, sprinkling some chopped chives for garnish..
- Enjoy! :).
Slice the mushrooms and/or tear them into roughly even pieces. Trim and slice the leeks, but don't slice too thinly. Cook HALF of the mushrooms and leeks over medium-high heat in olive oil. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and thyme.