Recipe: Appetizing Baked Chicken Caprese Salad
Baked Chicken Caprese Salad.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Caprese Salad
- Prepare 125 g of boneless chicken thighs.
- It’s 100 g of mozzarella, low-fat – cut into 1cm-thick slices.
- Prepare 1.5 of tomatoes, cut into 1cm-thick slices.
- It’s 4 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2-3 of bulbs of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Salt and pepper (to taste).
- Prepare of Dried oregano or any Italian herbs (to taste).
Baked Chicken Caprese Salad step by step
- Reheat the oven at 200ºC.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper..
- Heat up a casserole dish with medium-high heat and add half of the olive oil. Lightly brown the minced garlic..
- Put the meat in, skin side down. Flip once the skin is browned and crispy (roughly 2 minutes). Brown the other sides of the thigh for 30 seconds each side then turn off the heat. Make sure the skin side is up now..
- Place the tomatoes and mozzarella slices alternately on top of the meat..
- Season with salt, pepper, and oregano (or Italian herbs)..
- Mix the remaining olive oil with the balsamic vinegar and drizzle over the tomato and mozzarella chicken..
- Bake in the oven at 200ºC for 25 minutes until the mozzarella is golden yellow..
- Enjoy your meal..