Recipe: Tasty Heirloom Tomatoes in Balsamic Vinaigrette
Heirloom Tomatoes in Balsamic Vinaigrette. Check Out Heirloom Tomatoe on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Check Out our Selection & Order Now.
Ingredients of Heirloom Tomatoes in Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Prepare 2 lbs of heirloom tomatoes – assorted varieties.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- You need 1 clove of garlic – minced.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of black pepper.
Many of these varieties have lost favor commercially because they don't ship or store well, but they often have superior flavor. At California's farmers' markets, it's not. Directions In a large bowl, gently combine tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
Heirloom Tomatoes in Balsamic Vinaigrette instructions
- Cut heirloom tomatoes to 1 inch pieces. Place in a large bowl..
- In a medium bowl wisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. While continually wisking slowly drizzle oil into vinegar blend until emulsified..
- Pour dressing over tomatoes. Gently toss to coat. Serve room temperature or chilled. Enjoy!.
Pour over tomato mixture; toss gently to coat. Put the vinaigrette to the side and slice the tomatoes into wedges and lightly sprinkle them with sea salt and pepper Slice the chives finely and mix them into the salted tomatoes Peel the red onion and cut it in half then slice one of the halves paper thin Cut the olives carefully into quarters Slice the tomatoes in half and, if using plum or larger tomatoes, core them to remove the seeds. Chop the tomatoes into chunks (whatever size you desire). If using grape, cherry, or another small tomato, cut in half so they will absorb the flavors of the dressing. There's no need to seed them.