Recipe: Tasty Homemade Beef Stroganoff
Homemade Beef Stroganoff. Enjoy Carefully Curated Assortments or Build Your Own Package Filled With Your Favorites. This recipe uses a roux to create a beef gravy that is then thickened with sour cream AND cream cheese. A little bit of zip is added using pepper flakes.
Ingredients of Homemade Beef Stroganoff
- Prepare 2 lb of Pack of beef stew meat(cut in smaller pieces and trimmed of any fat).
- You need 1 envelope of Beefy onion soup mix.
- You need 1 small of Container sour cream.
- It’s 1 of Onion diced.
- It’s 1 packages of Egg noodles.
- You need 1 can of Cream of mushroom.
- You need 1 can of Condensed golden mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 of Minced garlic.
- You need 1 of Parsley.
- Prepare 1 of Worchershire sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Broth or water.
- It’s 1 of Meat tenderizer season salt.
- You need 1 of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of Onion powder.
- It’s 1 of Black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Heavy cream or milk or less-optional!.
Cook ground beef in melted butter until browned. Cook the ground beef and drain off the fat. This version maintains all the classic flavors of the traditional dish, combining lean beef and onions with a creamy sauce made of a roux, beef broth, and sour cream. A sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley adds color and flavor to the finished dish.
Homemade Beef Stroganoff instructions
- I cut and trimmed meat in smaller size, then washed and seasoned it, and sprinkled with worchershire sauce and tossed to coat it all.
- Then browned meat for a couple minutes. Added it, the cans of mushrooms, onions, garlic, added a few more drops of worchershire sauce, the beef onion mix, a little parsley, few more sprinkles of all the seasonings, & a little bit of water or broth and put in crockpot. High for 4-6 hours or low 6-8 hours..
- When almost done I boiled noodles in water with beef bouillon cubes. Drained. Added them to crockpot with sour cream, and you can add heavy cream or milk as well if it's too thick. And mixed up and let simmer for a little bit. And added a little bit more of parsley..
Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. The whole family loved this recipe. My kids HATE mushrooms, so I just chopped them up really fine, and put them in with the ground beef, and they never even knew that they were in there. Stir in sour cream and dijon until incorporated.