Healthy moong dal chaat. See why this is a healthy moong dal chaat. Moong dal chat is a north Indian recipe, a very healthy, tasty, and nutritious snack. Boiled moong dal mixed with chopped onion, tomatoes, cucumber, drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkling chat masala is all you need to prepare this snack in few minutes.
Ingredients of Healthy moong dal chaat
- It’s 4 cups of moong dal.
- You need as per taste of salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 2 of onion.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of garlic paste.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of virgin oil.
- It’s 2 of capsicum (green pepper).
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green mangoes.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- You need 4 tbsp of sev.
- It’s 1 bunch of coriander leaves.
Sprouted green Moong dal chat is a healthy take on the popular street chats from India. Chaat is very popular savory street food from India. The combination of sweet and spice, combined with fresh ingredients makes up for a lip smacking snack. Green moong dal has high fiber content and is packed with protein.
Healthy moong dal chaat instructions
- To make the moong dal chaat, first chop the onions, tomatoes, capsicum, and green mangoes into bite-sized pieces. Also, peel and grate the carrots. Keep all the vegetables aside..
- Put the moong dal in a pressure cooker with an adequate amount of water and let it cook for 2 to 3 whistles. Check if it’s done and keep it in a bowl..
- Now, put a pan on medium flame and heat some oil in it. Add the cooked moong dal, ginger and garlic paste, and salt in the pan. Saute this mix for a minute. Also, add onions, tomatoes, raw mangoes, and carrots into the pan and stir-fry for a minute. When this mixture is cooked, switch off the heat and add lemon juice into it. Mix it well. Finally, transfer the moong dal chaat into a serving dish and garnish with sev and coriander leaves before s.
Moong Dal Chaat is a North Indian recipe which is served as a delectable snack. This nutritious recipe makes for a tasty treat. Made with moong dal, capsicum, tomato, green mangoes, carrot, sev, and a myriad mix of spices, this chaat can be served during tea-time and kitty parties. Pressure cooked moong dal topped with an assortment on toppings like onion, tomatoes, cilantro, ginger and spices. This Moong Dal Chaat is a healthy twist on the traditional chaat and is vegan and also oil-free!